PERSONALIZED PREVENTION & WELLNESS PLANS FOR MEN
- Overall health and risk factor assessment including thorough review of family history, past medical history, immunizations, and evaluation of current symptoms
- “Men’s Health exam” including prostate check and PSA testing
- Healthy lifestyle recommendations are emphasized
- We help you schedule any additional diagnostic tests including cancer screening (colonoscopy) and heart testing (stress tests, echocardiograms, coronary calcium screening)
- We also help coordinate referrals to specialists if needed
Doctors of Internal Medicine (also known as “internists”) care for the whole patient
“Internal medicine physicians are specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness.”
We are primary care physicians but we are unique in our focus on adult medicine. We spend all our time diagnosing and treating adults. We don’t deliver babies. We don’t treat young children. We don’t do major surgery. At least three of our seven or more years of medical school and postgraduate training are dedicated to learning how to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases primarily affecting adults. Internists aim to coordinate the care of our patients for life. We also bring to patients an understanding of wellness including disease prevention and the promotion of health including women’s health. In today’s complex world, it can be hard to find your way in the medical maze. That’s why you need an internist.
Source: American College of Physicians
About Dr Sandy
Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, MD, MACP, FRCP is a board certified doctor of internal medicine in Atlanta and Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine.
3290 Northside Parkway Suite 840
Atlanta, Georgia 30327
Tel: (404) 816-8660
Fax: (404) 816-8657